Sarracenia purpurea ∅12 h20
This plant with bright-coloured pitchers or flycatchers attracts insects.
Botanical name: Sarracenia purpurea
Common name: pitcher plant
- Diameter pot: 12 cm
- Height plant: 20 cm
- Light: This plant requires lots of full, direct sun.
- Watering: Requires lots of rainwater. Make sure your plant stands in water all the time during growing season and avoid watering from the top.
- Min. temperature: This plant requires a 'cold season' to go dormant from November until February. When growing them indoors, make sure to put them somewhere cold during these months of dormancy. As the days start to shorten and the temperature drops, pitchers will turn brown. This is normal: you can trim off any dead growth.
- Extra care info: Do not fertilize this plant. In the wild they live in areas with very low soil nutrients so they are not used to dealing with fertilizer.
- Plants & bigger pots can only be delivered in Brussels or collected in-store. See shipping details.
- Small pottery, accessories, books, etc. can be shipped by bpost in Europe. See shipping details.
Plants & pots are sold separately.
The actual plant may vary in shape or appearance from the one shown in the picture.
*When looking for a pot, always add at least 2 cm to the size of the plastic plant pot.