Caryota Mitis Ø24 h120
The Caryota Mitis or 'Fishtail Palm' is a palm with unique triangle-shaped leaves that split at the end and therefore look like the tail of a fish.
Botanical name: Caryota Mitis
Plant name: Fishtail Palm Tree
- diameter pot: 24 cm
- height plant: 120 cm
- light: Bright, indirect sunlight. You can move your palm outside during Summer, but make sure it doesn't receive direct sunlight.
- watering: Water thoroughly and allow soil to dry slightly between watering. This palm doesn't tolerate soggy soil, so make sure to use a container with a drainage hole. When in doubt about whether to water it or not, it's best to wait: this palm is more tolerant of drier soil than wet.
- min. temperature: 18 °C. Protect this plant from cold drafts.
- humidity: Fishtail Palm thrives in warm temperatures and humidity. Mist regularly or use a humidifier. Brown leaf tips are likely caused by dry air.
- extra care info: This palm prefers to be slightly pot-bound. Repot only when roots grow out of the bottom of the drainage hole.
- plants & bigger pots can only be delivered in Brussels or collected in-store. See shipping details.
- small pottery, accessories, books, etc. can be shipped by bpost in Europe. See shipping details.
Plants & pots are sold separately.
The actual plant may vary in shape or appearance from the one shown in the picture.
*When looking for a pot, always add at least 2cm to the size of the plastic plant pot.